Re: [O] tables, comment in one line, export to html

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] tables, comment in one line, export to html
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:14:17 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden (Tory S. Anderson) writes:

> Second the suggestion to make | / | columns ignored for export in
> mainstream orgmode.
>
> Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>     > Hi Uwe
>>     > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Uwe Brauer     >
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>     > I have the same need now and just hacked something simple
>> > together to
>>     > export
>>
>>     >     | / | /  |    | <r> |
>>     >     |   | 1n | 2y |  3y |
>>
>> Great!! thanks, I just tested it. So all columns having a / header
>> are
>> ignored, at least for html and latex export. This is really great.
>> Thanks again. I'd say that code should be somehow included in
>> mainstream
>> orgmode, if you don't mind?

It sounds good, as long as it is clear this markers is for export
consumption only, and has no special effect when using the spreadsheet.

I suggest to use # or <#> instead of / so as to refer to "comment" (but
still use / as the marker for the first column).

The removal could be done in a function like
`org-export--delete-commented-rows' (see `org-export--delete-comments'
in "ox.el").

This would also require documenting it in the manual and providing
tests.

Does anyone feel like doing that?

Regards,

--