Re: [O] tables, comment in one line, export to html

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] tables, comment in one line, export to html
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 23:10:30 +0200

Hello,

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:

> # in non-first columns to mean noexport of the column has the
> disadvantage of possible confusion with # in the first column where it
> means special effect for recalculation when using the spreadsheet. As
> I understand your first paragraph you want to avoid such confusion.

I don't think there is a possible confusion if the manual makes it
clear.

> <#> I find a bit too near to <5>, <, > or <>.

That was exactly the point, since those all apply to columns, unlike to
rows special markers. IOW, so far, columns syntax systematically uses <
or > (or both).

> % or ; used for comments in LaTeX or Emacs Lisp I would find a good
> space saving single character alternative. Why not % as this would not
> be the first time that Org borrowed some syntax elements from LaTeX?

Org comment syntax is related to #, not % or ;. I'd rather have similar
things look similar.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou