Re: [O] Bug: various short questions about column view, code blocks and

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: various short questions about column view, code blocks and export [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-759-g9508dc @ /home/youngfrog/sources/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 17:33:05 +0200

Hello,

Nicolas Richard <address@hidden> writes:

> The inlined file below contains both the material needed to reproduce
> the problems I have and a description of those.
>
> * a tree with some info for column view
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :ID:       monid
>   :COLUMNS:  %25ITEM %PROP
>   :END:
> ** foo
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :PROP:     yow
>    :END:
> ** bar
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :PROP:     bow
>    :END:
> ** baz
>    :PROPERTIES:
>    :PROP:     low
>    :END:
> * show the column view here
> #+BEGIN: columnview :hlines 1 :id monid :skip-empty-rows t
> | ITEM | PROP |
> |------+------|
> | foo  | yow  |
> | bar  | bow  |
> | baz  | low  |
> #+END:
> * use the data from the column view in a src block
> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp :var chap = mytable :exports results
>   'anything
> #+END_SRC
>
> * discussion
> I open this org file with :
> : emacs -q -L ~/sources/org-mode/lisp -l org.el --eval '(setq
> org-export-babel-evaluate nil)' tmp/mytest.org
> where tmp/mytest.org is the name of the file.
>
> First, I notice that adding the :ARCHIVE: tag to the first headline
> and trying to show column view doesn't work. it seems to do
> nothing. Ok so let's remove that tag again.

This is a feature. Archived subtrees are ignored when calling column
view. As you noticed, in this case, removing the tag is the way to go.

> Now, hitting =C-c C-c= in the code block gives ~Reference not
> found~. Which reference is it ? IDK.

There is no #+NAME: mytable in your example.

> Removing the TBLNAME line and hitting =C-c C-c= on the code block
> again now gives ~Reference `mytable' not found in this buffer~. I
> guess it's a better error ?

OK, so I guess there wase a TBLNAME line somewhere within the file. Be
sure it is located above the table, not above the dynamic block.

> Now when I'm trying to export, I get the same errors as above, even
> though I have =org-export-babel-evaluate= set to =nil=.

This is fixed. Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou