Re: [O] org-passwords.el and encryption

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: [O] org-passwords.el and encryption
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:57:56 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wednesday, 27 Apr 2016 at 19:23, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>> also, running:
>>
>> keychain --eval --agents ssh,gpg id_rsa MYGPGKEY
>>
>> in a non login shell.
>
> The only thing I can think of is that maybe you have not installed all
> the relevant packages for the agents or that the permissions on the
> various directories (.ssh, .gnupg) are incorrectly set?

Actually I noticed another weird behaviour: the problem disappears when
I log onto the machine via ssh from another one. The keychain commands
in the .bash_profile correctly activates ssh-agent and gpg-agent. I have
the same setup on two machines and login into 2 via ssh from 1 works
whereas login into 2 from 2 doesn't (and vice-versa). Maybe something
different in the environment variables. I'll investigate.

> Maybe ask on the bug system for keychain mentioned in the man page?

I will.

Regards,

Julien.