Re: [O] Clocking work time vs. office time

From: Peter Neilson
Subject: Re: [O] Clocking work time vs. office time
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 08:31:23 -0400

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 08:08:38 -0400, Loris Bennett <address@hidden> wrote:

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

On Friday, 29 Apr 2016 at 09:25, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
However, this does not help with my main issue: tracking /time in
office/.  Not /time in office working/, mind you.

I'd like to have a report like this (I mean information, not
formatting):

* Office time: 2:00
** Task 1/Project A: 0:30
** Task 2/Project B: 0:45

* Home time:
** Task 1/Project A: 1:15
** Task 2/Project B: 0:30

So not only time spent on actual work on various tasks/projects, but
also time /spent physically in the office/.

I would suggest that the office time simply be the sum of the times of
all headlines within that sub-tree?  If you need something to mop up
times which are not allocated to a specific task within the office
hierarchy, create a sub-headline called "misc" or some such?

Or am I missing something more fundamental?

For me the problem would be just checking in and out of "misc".  If I
forget once, then my /time in the office/ would be incorrect.

Personally, I need to keep track of /time in the office/ for my
employer.  Tracking time actually spent doing tasks planned with Org
would be nice for me personally, but as I can't currently have two
clocks running, I don't do this.

Have not tested this, but what about running two separate sessions of emacs? It would certainly work if using two separate machines or two separate logins on one machine. Should be able to ssh or ctrl-alt-F1 to a different identity. Merge the two reports into one later with easy custom code.