[O] Search current branch for custom export

From: Sander Boer
Subject: [O] Search current branch for custom export
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 12:31:00 +0200

Hi all,

I use orgmode to org my projects and I would like to add invoices to the mix.
These invoices would be the conclusion to a task in a hierarchy like so:

*project
** task
*** invoice

I know how to export a subtree and get a latex invoiceboht of it, but I am still searching for a decent way to add client data.
I am looking into two solutions:
1. Org-contacts [b/c mu4e]
- How do I read address and other generic data from org-contacts ?
- How do I store a link to the address and follow it in the export ?
2. Define client data in the root or a dedicated branch.
- how do I search the current branch ? Go back up to root, crawl downwards?
- any insight on a good way to store client data ? Org-contacts uses property drawers, why not branches with dedicated headlines ?

Any and all tips are greatly appreciated.

Gr
Sanderh