Re: [O] Dynamic #+INCLUDE content loading when revealing subsection

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Dynamic #+INCLUDE content loading when revealing subsection
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 10:21:17 +0200

Hi Steve,

Steve Moreau <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally, if it doesn't exist and you think it would be nice to have, would
> you please suggest an entry point in the source code to start digging ?

It does not exists.  To load all included file into your buffer you can
use ‘org-export-expand-include-keyword’, but it’s a one-way import(!).

What I think you are talking about is combining two files into a single
buffer, dynamically.  I presume that when one clicks "save" the changes in
the surrounding regions 1 and 3 are to be saved into file 1 and the
changes in region 2 are to be saved into file 2.  But what if you add
lines to the bottom of region 2?  How would Emacs know to which file it
belongs?  You’d need some sort of delimiters.  Maybe a couple of (visual)
markers would be enough.

Anyway, such infrastructure should be part of Emacs-core IMO.  If it
exists, you can try to incorporate it into Org.  See
‘org-export-expand-include-keyword’ to familiarize yourself with the
current implementation.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
Governments should be afraid of their people