[O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] exporting documents w/ babel results w/o evaluating babel blocks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 11:57:37 -0400

Hi List,

I'm repeating a question here from a recent bug report because I have a feeling
official-looking bug reports might get read less than normal questions. Sorry
for the re-post.

As of an Org git commit a few weeks ago, Org exporting (and therefore Org) has
become basically unusable for me. I used to be able to export code block
results without evaluating the block during the export. I can no longer do this.

The following headers used to support the above behavior:

#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results output
#+BEGIN_SRC python :exports results :results file
  (and possibly with ":session foo" also)

Is anyone running the current git head? And if so, can you export a document
that consists of the following, or something similar to the following (i.e. do
you use ":cache t" or ":cache nil")?

#+BEGIN_SRC python :results output :exports results :session foo
print("hello, world")
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world

If you can export this without running the code, what settings are you using?
In particular, what is the value of =org-export-babel-evaluate=?

Thanks,

  -k.