Re: [O] Bug: org-export-babel-evaluate causes everything to be exported

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-export-babel-evaluate causes everything to be exported [8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-824-ga02fe8)]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:48:43 -0700

On Fri, 20 May 2016, Ken Mankoff wrote:

On 2016-05-20 at 13:29, Charles C. Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 20 May 2016, Ken Mankoff wrote:

#+BEGIN_SRC octave :exports results :cache nil
"hello, world"
#+END_SRC
#+RESULTS:
: hello, world

Yes, the above appears to work.

Really? I do not see the hash in your results block.

Correct. I've never used cache, and ":cache t" doesn't work, it has to be ":cache yes". I'll try to set this up and see if it works better w/ caching. That may be the trick as you suggested in the other thread, and perhaps most of the issues here are my improper use of cache (which wasn't required before).

But I see that you said:

I'm still trying to find a way where:
 + code results do export
 + code does not export
 + code does not evaluate at export
 + code can still be evaluated by me

So, you want `:exports results :eval never-export' and forget about
`:cache yes'.

And leave `org-export-babel-evaluate' at `t'.

Also, see
        (info "(org) eval")

Chuck