[O] Publishing and hosting Org sites with Gitlab Pages

From: Rasmus
Subject: [O] Publishing and hosting Org sites with Gitlab Pages
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 18:11:03 +0200

Hi,

Here's an example of how to publish a static sites via ox-html.el and
ox-publish.el via the Gitlab CI and Gitlab Pages:

    https://gitlab.com/pank/org-mode-gitlab-pages

The good thing about this approach is that you don’t have to build pages
manually or locally.  Neither do you need to keep artifacts in your git
history.  I use this setup for my personal site and I’m quite happy with
it.

The bad thing is that this offers nothing new over a ssh-enabled host
since :publishing-directory support tramp paths.

The ugly thing is that Gitlab Pages is neither Free Software nor open
source, as it is unfortunately not part of the Community Edition of
Gitlab!  Then again, neither is Github Pages...

Rasmus

--
And when I’m finished thinking, I have to die a lot