Re: [O] org-table bindings available outside org tables too?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] org-table bindings available outside org tables too?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 21:07:13 +0000

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 4:44 PM Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

We do not have a char map specific to tables.

In most cases, bindings are context-aware (see, e.g., the dauting C-c
C-c). However, the bindings you cite are not claimed by other parts of
Org, so they just do table specific stuff.

Thanks for the reply.

In that case, I think that the bind-keys approach is clean enough if a user wants to prevent the org-table-* fn bindings from shadowing their global map bindings when the point is not in a table.

Kaushal Modi