Re: [O] BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: org-beamer-select-environment select multiple environments not working?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 09:32:20 +0200

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> It seems that I can not longer select multiple environments at the same
>>> time by using org-beamer-select-environment.
>>>
>>> - I am on a header
>>> - I press C-c C-b
>>> - then C-c to enable multiple selections
>>> - press (b)lock and (c)olumn and both are selected
>>> - press [RET] to accept
>>> - only one gets applied (in my case column)
>>
>> Aren't environments mutually exclusive?

An environment per level - you might be right.
But one environment *in* another makes sense.

> Not necessarily.  On the top of my head, you could have a column group
> with columns inside.  This example used to be possible.  I haven't checked
> now.

So the proper way to do it, would than to have one block environment
encapsulated in a column environment:

** A column :B_column:
*** A Block in a column :B_block:

Makes actually sense, as a column in a block would be something different.

So there is actually no reason to be able to assign multiple
environments to an org header.

Couldn't this than be removed from the dialog?

Also: what does the ! (Groups) mean in the dialog?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug