Re: [O] Some LaTeX Beamer / org-mode questions

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Some LaTeX Beamer / org-mode questions
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 11:49:03 +0200

Florian Lindner <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 12:26:07 +0200
> Rasmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Florian Lindner <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Ah, you were right. I used the builtin org version.
>> >
>> > It works now, however, when I set the title:nil is does not produce
>> > a title page at all.
>> >
>> > #+BEGIN_LATEX
>> > \maketitle
>> > #+END_LATEX
>>
>> Or:
>>
>> @@latex:\maketitle@@.
>>
>> What exactly are you missing from the standard title page support of
>> Org?
>
> Nothing really, but when I use title:t, org mode sets a
> \title{presentation} in the tex file which overwrites my own title. If
> I set title:nil, it sets \title{} still overwriting my own title.
>
>> > inserts a title page, but after the table of contents.
>> >
>> > Any way to work around that?
>>
>> Yes, the #+TOC keyword combined with the option toc:nil.
>
> Ah, ok, I think I got using these settings now:
>
> #+startup: beamer
> #+LATEX_CLASS: beamer
>
> #+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
> #+BEAMER_THEME: Boadilla

> #+BEGIN_LATEX
> \author[me]{me and the coauthors}
> \title[short title]{long title \\ next line}
> \subtitle{subtitle}
> \institute[short institute]{long institute}
> \maketitle
> #+END_LATEX

I see.

Re the beamer manual 10.1, we could add the following keywords,
#+short_title, #+short_subtitle, #+short_date , #+institute and
#+short_institute.

Maybe we can have a titlegraphics like,

#+attr_beamer: :titlegraphics t
[[file:link.pdf]]

I've attached some rough patches that does this.  Maybe you can test them?

Rasmus

--
What will be next?