Re: [O] colored code background in org 8.3

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] colored code background in org 8.3
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 17:07:47 +0200

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>> John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I am finally getting around to switching over to org 8.3... One thing
>>> I miss already is the colored background in the code blocks. I recall
>>> that was removed. Has anyone looked into a way to put it back?
>>
>> I use the attached patch for some "interactive slides" with babel.
>
> Could it be put into the official code base, for all users to enjoy
> colored backgrounds without having to patch their Org by hand?

Sure, eventually.  Let me know if you have tested the patch and it works
for you.

I don’t know much about faces, but it should work across all relevant
versions of Emacs.

Aside: Speaking of prettifying src blocks, with prettify-symbols-mode I
managed to make src-blocks look like this when the cursor is somewhere else

    λ LANGUAGE ☰

and like this otherwise

     #+begin_src LANGUAGE :keyword₁ value₁ ⋯ :keywordₙ valueₙ

Rasmus

--
Vote for proprietary math!