Re: [O] caldav-sync owncloud on Digital Ocean servers and self signed ce

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] caldav-sync owncloud on Digital Ocean servers and self signed certificates.
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2016 17:09:54 +0200

Paul Harper <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to get org-caldav to work with my Owncloud which is running on
> a Digital Ocean server.
>
> I am getting the message
>
> org-caldav-check-connection:[server address/path_to_calendar]does not
> seem to accept DAV requests
>
> I suspect the issue is related to the self signed certificates on the
> Digital Ocean server.
>
> Which my Android devices or with Firefox I can install the self signed
> certificates and the Owncloud Calender syncs fine. I am not seeing a
> way to do that with Emacs Org-Mode.
>
> Is there a way to deal with self-signed certificates in Emacs Org with
> org-caldav and Owncloud?

In case it's useful, here's the variables I use in my init.el.

(setq org-caldav-url
"https://server.net/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/rasmus";
      org-caldav-calendar-id "defaultcalendar")

I use a proper certificate though.  You could use letsencrypt if you think
that’s the issue...

Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!