Re: [O] org-notify: Need to get notifications at the start time of the t

From: Amit Tendulkar
Subject: Re: [O] org-notify: Need to get notifications at the start time of the task (in addition to the deadline)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 23:23:33 +0530

Thanks Marco. Yes, appointment reminders will work for me. Any idea how to
configure them in such a way that I get popups? Popups are helpful
especially when my focus is not on Emacs. Or even when I am connected to
a remote desktop (say through Citrix).

Regards,
Amit

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Amit,
>
>> I need a way to get notifications at the time of starting a task or at
>> the start of the meeting (i.e. the SCHEDULED timestamp). Currently I
>> know of only getting notifications for the DEADLINE timestamp. However,
>> it will be more productive for me to get notification to tell me to
>> start working on a task (or attend a meeting).
>
> Have you tried "Appointment reminders"?  See (info "(org) Weekly/daily
> agenda").
>

> HTH,

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems