Re: [O] interesting dilemma with ob-ipython

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] interesting dilemma with ob-ipython
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 23:42:45 +0200

Hi John,

On 2016-06-09 at 23:33, John Kitchin <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was looking into ob-ipython as a replacement for regular
> org-babel-python [...]
>
> Here is the dilemma:
> If I special edit this, it is in python-mode, not hy-mode. And similarly
> on export, it is highlighted as ipython, not hy-lang.
>
> Any thoughts on how to address these?

I'm not lispy enough to implement this, but I have an idea where you might
start. See:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-08/msg00594.html

Which is a thread which discussed (and provided an implementation for) named
python sessions. Specifically, it uses the ":session foo" variable to modify
the name of the special-edit buffer. Genercially, it uses something from the
Babel header to modify something about special edit buffer, which is what I
think you want to do.

Good luck,

  -k.