Re: [O] Some progress

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] Some progress
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:37:48 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

>    > I really never used tag search as provided by the agenda. So today I
>    > just copied the examples of
>    > http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/advanced-searching.html
>
>    > * TODO Buy clothes for wedding
> :wedding:important:errands:
>    >  SCHEDULED: <2010-12-01 Wed>
>    >  :PROPERTIES:
>    >  :estimated-cost: 100
>    >  :END:
>    >  [2010-11-17 Wed 12:22]
>
> [...]
>    > However nothing was found, I expected, as in occur, a buffer showing me
>    > all the tags matching my search criterion, but there was none.
>
>    > What do I miss?
>
> It seems that I have to add the file in which I am searching to the
> list of agenda files
> (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24966333/emacs-org-mode-tags-not-found)
> that however is not described in the manual nor is it intuitive.

I disagree.  The agenda is based on agenda files.  So it's clear that
the agenda-tag-search applies only to the agenda files.  And it's in the
manual in section (info "(org) Tag searches").

> Now I can search and find tags in headings, but I cannot find
> properties, how do I find these?

* TODO Buy clothes for wedding
 :PROPERTIES:
 :estimated_cost: 100
 :END:

C-c a m estimated_cost="100"

finds the subtree.

Note the underscore instead of the hyphen.  '-' in the property name
breaks the search AFAICS.

See further (info "(org) Tag searches") which also has something about
searching for tags in the current buffer.

Best regards,
--
Marco Wahl -- GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2