Re: [O] org-ref: customizing bibtex key names generated by doi-utils

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] org-ref: customizing bibtex key names generated by doi-utils
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:04:52 -0400

You can customize the bibtex keys like this:

;; variables that control bibtex key format for auto-generation
;; I want firstauthor-year-title-words
;; this usually makes a legitimate filename to store pdfs under.
(setq bibtex-autokey-year-length 4
      bibtex-autokey-name-year-separator "-"
      bibtex-autokey-year-title-separator "-"
      bibtex-autokey-titleword-separator "-"
      bibtex-autokey-titlewords 2
      bibtex-autokey-titlewords-stretch 1
      bibtex-autokey-titleword-length 5)

The closest you can get changing the way citations are exported is
outlined here:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/12/11/Introduction-to-a-citation-processor-in-org-ref/

It is not yet an easy thing to do.

--