[O] dbus-error with org-notify

From: Xi Shen
Subject: [O] dbus-error with org-notify
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:02:42 +0800

Hi,

I am using Emacs within a Cygwin environment on Windows 7 64bit. I have install the dbus Windows service with "messagebus-config", and started the service from Windows service console.

After I called (org-notify-start), I got below Message before my task deadline:

    Warning: notification for "check org-notify" behind schedule!
    Error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session) [2 times]
    Warning: notification for "check org-notify" behind schedule!
    Error: (dbus-error "No connection to bus" :session)

In eLisp, if I call (dbus-init-bus :session), I got "dbus-init-bus: D-Bus error: "No connection to bus", :session"; if I call (dbus-init-bus :system), I got ((:signal :system "org.freedesktop.DBus.Local" "Disconnected") (nil "/org/freedesktop/DBus/Local" dbus-handle-bus-disconnect)).

Does it means I have a system dbus, but no session dbus? Which dbus should Emacs/org-notify use?

Thanks,
David