Re: [O] Blank lines in LaTeX output due to org-mode comments

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] Blank lines in LaTeX output due to org-mode comments
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:34:56 -0400

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Mark Edgington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm inclined to view it more as a bug, because it makes it impossible to
>> place comments within a paragraph.
>
> This is per Org syntax. "# ..." is not meant as an inline paragraph. You
> can comment inline with something like @@comment:...@@.

For me, using the "@@comment:..@@" syntax gives exactly the same
results as using "# ..." (an extra blank line in the output).  Of
course I can do something like "#+LaTeX: % ..." which will work, but
then the convenience of being able to quickly comment and uncomment
lines is lost.

Regardless of what the current org syntax is defined as, I am trying
to argue that it is counter-intuitive, and also makes doing useful
things difficult.