Re: [O] Provide rsync access to Org ELPA

From: Chunyang Xu
Subject: Re: [O] Provide rsync access to Org ELPA
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 15:49:58 +0800

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 12:24 AM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Chunyang Xu writes:
>> rsync access would allow people to efficiently mirror Org ELPA
>> [http://orgmode.org/elpa/]. Please provide rsync access to it.
>
> Git transport is more efficient than rsync.

All files we need to sync is under http://orgmode.org/elpa/, did you
suggest these files belong to a git repo?

I don't build elpa packages locally from org-mode git repo is because
I don't know if it's possible and how, and downloading them directly
through HTTP is easy. And comparing to HTTP, rsync is easier and more
efficient. As far as I know, setting up a rsync daemon is easy.