[O] Export: Numbered subtree whose parent has unnumbered: t

From: Spencer Hill
Subject: [O] Export: Numbered subtree whose parent has unnumbered: t
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 17:08:01 -0700

C.f. this emacs.stackexchange question: http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/24313/8818

As of version 8.3 of org, numbering of subtrees in export can be toggled via the :UNNUMBERED property. This applies to subheadings regardless of their own :UNNUMBERED property value. MWE:
* Heading
:PROPERTIES:
:UNNUMBERED: t
:END:
** Subheading
:PROPERTIES:
:UNNUMBERED: nil
:END:

This generates for LaTeX export

\section*{Heading}
\label{sec:orgheadline2}
\subsection*{Subheading}
\label{sec:orgheadline1}

Is there some other way to toggle this at the subheading level? I need a heading to be un-numbered when exported to LaTeX, but its child subheading to be numbered. I.e. \section*{Heading} and \subsection{Subheading}.

Thanks!

Best,
Spencer

Spencer Hill