[O] a possible solution (was: problems with alphabetic ordering in table

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] a possible solution (was: problems with alphabetic ordering in tables containing non ASCII chars)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:53:02 +0000

>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   >> Which function could you recommend?

   > I don't know. There may be something readily available in Emacs 25.
   > Otherwise, you'll have to write you own.

It seems that the easiest solution is the following

    -  run iso-unaccentuate (which runs on regions) on the table, which
       will change Álvarez to 'Alvarez,

    -  sort. The sorting is ok

    -  reconvert via iso-accentuate the table.

I don't understand much of the org-table sort code. My naive approach would be
define

org-table-iso-accentuate and org-table-iso-unaccentuate and then add
that via defadvice to the original function, but that seems a bad
approach since defacvice makes it difficult to debug.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer