Re: [O] proposed modification of org-display-inline-images

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] proposed modification of org-display-inline-images
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 22:20:17 +0200

Rasmus writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the proposal.
>
> John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I would like to propose a change to org-display-inline-images so it can
>> rescale images even if imagemagick is not built in to emacs. There is
>> currently no way to rescale images when they are displayed in that case
>> AFAICS. This is particularly a problem on Windows, as we have never
>> found a binary linked to imagemagick for that platform.

I have built one for the current 25.1-RC1 thanks to a patch found on Github.

https://gist.github.com/rzl24ozi/69c54eb86974fa1cbea1

Unfortunately, the patch is for ImageMagick v6.
I use MSYS2+MingW64 and this distribution has upgraded ImageMagick to v7.0
I had to patch the patch and emacs, because Emacs is not yet ready for this new version
of ImageMagick.

For those who want to try it:
http://semantic.supelec.fr/Software/downloads/emacs-25.1-rc1-w64.zip
The zip holds a full blown Emacs 25.1 (GnuTLS, all graphic libraries, etc.).

Fabrice