[O] [ANN] thi.ng/org-spec template for tech specs & HTML export theme

From: Karsten Schmidt
Subject: [O] [ANN] thi.ng/org-spec template for tech specs & HTML export theme
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 13:53:52 +0100

Hi everyone,

this is my first post to this list, but I've been using org-mode daily
for the past 3.5 years and can't imagine living without anymore
(professionally). Thanks for bringing so much joy to my job! :)

My main use case for org-mode has been literate programming[1] and
recently also writing lots of technical specification docs, for which
I believe org-mode is *perfectly* suited.

To give a little back to this amazing group of people, I've just
published a skeleton template for writing tech docs and publishing
them as HTML.

GH project: http://thi.ng/org-spec
Demo: http://demo.thi.ng/org-spec

The template demonstrates the following features:

- Inline, text-based diagramming via Ditaa, Graphviz & PlantUML
- Hyperlink abbreviations (incl. presets for GitHub, RFC, W3C, Wikipedia)
- Section status flags, tags & custom properties
- Tables
- Named section IDs for internal x-refs
- Footnotes
- Automatically updating fields (e.g. publication date)
- Automatic updating of document changelog (using selective git commits)
- Beautiful, minimal, responsive CSS theme with print support (also
for PDF generation)
- Basic syntax highlighting of code blocks

Hope some of you find this useful! PRs are welcome!

Best, K.

[1] Several Clojure projects in my thi.ng collection have been
developed exclusively in org-mode: http://thi.ng/fabric,
http://thi.ng/geom, http://thi.ng/trio to name a few...

--
Karsten Schmidt