Re: [O] new link parameters and link abbreviations

From: mc
Subject: Re: [O] new link parameters and link abbreviations
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 17:55:03 +0300

Yes, with pleasure:

Let's put it the most simple way:

1. Here is my new-link definition:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (org-link-set-parameters "new-link" :help-echo "show new-link's help echo")
#+end_src

(it doesn't change matter, if there would be :follow or :store function etc.)

2. the 'tooltip' shows my :help-echo string as expected.

[[new-link:awesome]]

3. Then I add the following abbreviation of the above link:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-link-abbrev-alist '(("nl" . "new-link::%s")))
#+end_src

4. the 'tooltip' does not work but shows the default:

[[nl:awesome]]

Hope that clarifies the issue.

Thanks once more for your sustained patience making link handling much
easier and more powerful!
mc