Re: [O] Feature request: "Figure #:" in labels of listings

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: [O] Feature request: "Figure #:" in labels of listings
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:33:42 -0400

On 2016-08-15 11:43, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [...]
>
> I agreed we can add it unconditionally, using (org-html--translate
> "Listing %d:" info).

Neat, thanks!

> What class do you suggest for the listing number, "<span
> class=\"listing-number\">"?

Sounds good :)

> If so, should `org-html-style-default' be modified?

Maybe? It currently doesn't mention the related "figure-number" class, so it
doesn't really need to mention "listing-number" class IMO; for backwards
compatibility, though, we could consider adding

  .listing-number { display: none; }

to it. I don't like this option too much, since it might create confusion in
the future (I'd wonder why such a default — visible figure numbers, but hidden
listing numbers — was chosen). It might be better to add this snippet to the
NEWS file if users want to revert to the old behaviour.

Cheers,
Clément.