Re: [O] Emacs+org on Windows 7 pro

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs+org on Windows 7 pro
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:06:55 -0400

Axel Kielhorn writes:

>> Am 23.08.2016 um 00:13 schrieb John Kitchin <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Checkout http://github.com/jkitchin/scimax. With git installed it will
>> install an opinionatedly configured Emacs. Most of my students use it. I
>> would just have each user install it.
>
> I’m using a modified jmax right now.
> Should I switch to scimax?
> Anything I should look out for?

They are largely the same. The scimax repo does not have emacs in it
anymore, so it is a lot smaller. scimax tends to use ivy more than helm
for completion. scimax uses use-package for the most part to install
packages, but I think most of the functionality is the same though.

The good news is, jmax is finally stable ;)

> Can I simply move my user folder and continue?

Probably this should work.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F