[O] org-depend: dependencies between TODO entries in different files

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] org-depend: dependencies between TODO entries in different files
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 14:43:28 +0200

Hi!

On [1] LinuxFag asked why org-depend.el does not work with
dependencies of headings in different Org-mode files. This is also a
very annoying limitation to me since I have many Org-mode files in
my org-agenda-files and I also don't want to limit myself to use
dependencies within a single file only.

I analyzed my situation in the code:

    Org-mode version 8.3.4 (release_8.3.4-33-gd522fc)
    org-depend.el Version: 0.08

Function org-depend-block-todo uses org-find-entry-with-id (from
org.el) which is using org-find-property which starts with
(goto-char (point-min)) not jumping to any other org-mode buffer.

Is there a reason behind this design choice?

Who is the current maintainer of org-depend.el? Carsten ist listed
as author in the header.

[1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/4za540/any_way_to_express_dependencies_between_todo/

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github