Re: [O] Proposal and RFC for improving ob-python

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal and RFC for improving ob-python
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:17:10 -0400

now I can not remember if I sent this earlier.

I like the idea behind ob-ipython, hopefully where it might go as
ob-jupyter, which could make it able to run many other languages via the
jupyter project and it's kernels.

The last time I tried it, it only supported sessions, and I had to add
non-session support. I doubt it supported async running either.

Before any major effort went in to a new ob-python, it is probably worth
a serious look at what the jupyter project could offer.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F