Re: [O] Can't store link in mu4e

From: Brett Presnell
Subject: Re: [O] Can't store link in mu4e
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 16:02:16 -0400

After looking into this more carefully, I learned that org-add-link-type
is deprecated.  In case anyone else runs into this, the solution is to
edit org-mu4e.el, replacing the lines

(org-add-link-type "mu4e" 'org-mu4e-open)
(add-hook 'org-store-link-functions 'org-mu4e-store-link)

with the single line

(org-link-set-parameters "mu4e" :follow #'org-mu4e-open :store
#'org-mu4e-store-link)

I'll report this to the mu developer in case he isn't already aware of
the upcoming change in org mode.  I wonder if org-mu4e.el wouldn't be
better maintained as a part of org (like org-gnus.el and org-mew.el)
rather than as a part of mu4e.