Re: [O] How to populate a 'list of figures'?

From: Peter Frings
Subject: Re: [O] How to populate a 'list of figures'?
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 15:36:44 +0200

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 12:52, Sharon Kimble <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> I'm having great difficulty in being able to generate and populate a
> 'list of figures' in my orgmode-2-latex document. I currently have this
> as a figure in my org-mode file -

[snip]

> However, when I generate the pdf using xelatex all that it shows for my
> list of figures is 'List of Figures'!
>
> So how can I get the list of figures to be populated please?

To get the list of figures (or any other reference, for that matter), you have
to typeset your document twice. The first time, tex build a list of figures (in
a separate file, with .lof extension); the second time, it inserts that list
where the \listoffigures{} is. This is common to tex: you have to typeset twice
to get the references and lists correct.

Cheers,
Peter.