Re: [O] iOrg

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] iOrg
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:36:32 -0500

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> [WARNING: this is an extremely long post with lots of boxquotes that
> might turn out unreadable, you might want to consider this as spam
> and just ignore it]

Hi Thorsten,

I guess I have missed iOrg before, because this looks very interesting!
If I understand correctly, iOrg runs a web server written in PicoLisp
which presents a set of Org files as an editable wiki in a browser?

If so, this opens up a world of possibilities.  Imagine having your
personal Org files (at least, ones without very personal data) editable
on your personal web server from any computer, even one without Emacs
installed (including mobile devices)!  You could edit your Org files
from any system, then sync changes with Git when you get home and
continue editing in Emacs.

I feel like I've seen a similar project before, one not based on
PicoLisp...I think it ran from within Emacs...I'd have to google it up
again.  But I don't think it was nearly as advanced as this.

Anyway, if I could make one suggestion to help get things going again,
it would be to add a bit more info to the readme so that visitors can
immediately understand what it's about.  :)