Re: [O] Something to watch out for when including files

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Something to watch out for when including files
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 07:44:50 +0100

On Tuesday, 20 Sep 2016 at 23:32, Charles C. Berry wrote:
> I find myself in the habit of using inlinetasks tagged noexport for
> various things and that might serve you in this case. That is, convert the
> headline section to an inlinetask.

Hi Chuck,

Yes, this would work.  But, in the end, simply removing the section was
sufficient as it really wasn't necessary (and that's why I have
everything under version control... ;-).

> Another possibility is to use something like:
>
> #+header: :exports results :results raw replace
> #+NAME: import-include-dot-org
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>    (require 'ox-org)
>    (org-export-string-as "#+INCLUDE: include.org" 'org t)
> #+END_SRC
>
> which will strip out headlines tagged with noexport during the babel phase
> of export (i.e. before parsing).

This is quite ingenious!  I like it.  Don't need it now but worth
keeping note of for the future.  Thanks.

>> I do wonder whether the org export approach (i.e. how it "includes"
>> files) is correct but I can understand why the implementation is the way
>> it is.
>
> I agree about the implementation. Trying to make it smarter is asking for
> trouble.

Yes, probably.

Thanks again,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.90.1, Org release_8.3.3-535-g7213aa