Re: [O] Disable org-babel-inline-result-wrap per inline code?

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Disable org-babel-inline-result-wrap per inline code?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 06:49:09 -0500

"David A. Gershman" <address@hidden> writes:

> Given the following line:
>
> * Date: src_perl[:results output :exports none]{print 2016;}
>
> The result '2016' is surrounded by '=' so that HTML export results in
> <code></code> tags surrounding
> the '2016'.
>
> According to the manual section 14.5, 'org-babel-inline-result-wrap'
> defines how the results are wrapped. Executing a (print
> org-babel-inline-result-wrap), I get:
>
> {blank line}
> =%s=
> =%s=
>
> so I attempted the following:
>
> * Date: src_emacs-lisp[:exports none]{(setq
> org-babel-inline-result-wrap "")} src_perl[:results output :exports
> none]{print 2016;} src_emacs-lisp[:exports none]{(setq
> org-babel-inline-result-wrap "=%s=")}
>
> in the hopes of temporarily disabling the '=' wrapping. Sadly no luck.
>
> I don't want to globally, or even for the whole buffer turn off the
> '=%s='...just on a case-by-case basis.

Hi David,

I haven't done anything quite like this in Org before, but I think maybe
Org macros would do what you need:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Macro-replacement.html

According to that, "Macro expansion takes place during the very
beginning of the export process."  So it should be easy to write a macro
that evaluates to a date in the format you need, and it should take
effect when you export it to HTML.  At least, that's what it sounds like
to me.  Please let me know what you find out.  :)