[O] Name of code pieces when exported to PDF

From: John Kitchin
Subject: [O] Name of code pieces when exported to PDF
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 17:43:13 -0400

It is #+label that is deprecated in favor of #+name.

On Monday, September 26, 2016, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Sebastian Christ <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2016-09-26 18:48, claude fuhrer <address@hidden> wrote:
>  > \lstset{language=java,label=secondBlock,caption= ,captionpos=b,numbers=none}
>  > \begin{lstlisting}
>  > .....
>  > \end{lstlisting}
>  >
>  > But I wanted to have the "caption" filled with the same value as the
>  > label. Is it possible ?
>  >
> Yes, use caption!
>
> #+caption: MainClass
> #+name: MainClass
>
> #+begin_src ...

That seems indeed to be necessary (at least in a few experiments that
I've run), but it's less than ideal (duplication of information).

I was under the impression that #+CAPTION is deprecated and #+NAME is
to be used in its place going forward. If that's the case, then the
listings problem needs fixing.  If not, can somebody summarize the
actual situation?

Thanks!
--
Nick