Re: [O] Babel and clojure vars

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Babel and clojure vars
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:45:31 -0400

Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> Once before I was wondering why :vars doesn't seem to work properly with
> clojure. This works:
>
> #+begin_src clojure :var a='(1 2 3 4 5)
> (count a)
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS:
> : 5
>
> as well as this
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var a=(number-sequence 1 5)
> #+end_src
>
> #+RESULTS: num-seq-test1
> | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
>
> but this is a no go. . . .
>
> #+begin_src clojure c=(range 10)
> (count c)
> #+end_src

Is `range' a clojure function? If so, that's expected:

(info "(org) var") says:

,----
|    The values passed to arguments can either be literal values,
| references, or Emacs Lisp code (see *note Emacs Lisp evaluation of
| variables: var.).
`----

[The syntax is wrong too: it should read

#+begin_src clojure :var c=(range 10)
 (count c)
#+end_src

but it's not going to work unless you define an emacs-lisp function called range
and teach it to emacs.]

The following works (I don't have clojure installed here, so I replaced it with
scheme):

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun range (N)
  (if (<= N 1)