Re: [O] export of src block ignores :results

From: Thomas Alexander Gerds
Subject: Re: [O] export of src block ignores :results
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2016 07:46:57 +0200

right, this is what changed and setting :eval never-export on a each
block solves the problem. however, the new way breaks all my existing
org-code.

is there a reason why the header args have to be ignored when
org-export-babel-evaluate is nil? or asking more directly: would it be
possible to have another option, e.g.,

(setq org-export-babel-evaluate 'never-eval-obey-header-args)

such that the export process does never evaluate src code but header
arguments are always obeyed?

actually, my org-life improved alot when I found Ista Zahn's (cc) remark
in the org-mode mailing list about setting org-export-babel-evaluate to
nil. here is the quote:

,----Fri, 21 Aug 2015 Re: [O] "user-error: No language for src block ...
| Unless you've restored sanity by setting org-export-babel-evaluate to  |
| nil. Personally I think this is not a good default. Source block       |
| evaluation and export are distinct actions, and I don't see why they   |
| should be linked by default.                                           |
| https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-08/msg00940.html |
`----

to me personally, the fact that one can separate the export process from
the source block evaluation in org-mode is one of the great advantages
over R-studio's markdown.

Thomas

--
sent from nil