Re: [O] Kanban board as an agenda view

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Kanban board as an agenda view
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 00:03:34 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> I started thinking if this kind of visualization could be done
> automatically by implementing a view like the agenda, that would use
> `org-todo-keywords' as column headings and layout TODO items from
> `org-agenda-files' into a columnar view.
>
> Is there any prior work on this, or is anyone willing to implement it?
> If not, could you kindly point me to the right direction, so I can start
> hacking?

A simple way to emulate this would be to create multiple vertical
windows within a frame, and load a custom agenda view into each one,
with desired TODO keywords in each.

However, I just realized that Org does not seem to allow more than one
agenda view to be open simultaneously, I guess because of its use of
global state.  Maybe it would be possible to hack something up using
org-agenda-append-agenda to "append" into a different frame...