[O] Multi-line macros (again)

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] Multi-line macros (again)
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 14:30:31 +0300

Greetings.

I think I have discussed multiline Org macros here before. But I bumped
into the issue again.

One of the most useful properties of LaTeX is \newcommand, which allows
you to reuse document structures. I really, _really_ miss this feature
in Org. Org has #+MACRO, but it is limited to a single line. That is
very inconvenient for any larger structures.

I was thinking (awfully sorry, will stop soon). Could we have multiline
macros, something like

#+BEGIN_MACRO name
#+END_MACRO

where everything between the begin and end would be expanded just like
(single line) macros are right now. With newlines included in the
expansion.

How about it?

Jarmo