Re: [O] Leslie Lamport has a foot in the 21st century

From: Clément Pit--Claudel
Subject: Re: [O] Leslie Lamport has a foot in the 21st century
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:23:06 -0400

On 2016-10-11 10:56, Hubert Chathi wrote:
> I suspect that it will be a long time before hierarchical proofs gain
> much popularity though, given that Lamport has been talking about them
> since at least the 90's, and I haven't seen one "in the wild" yet.

Depends how much you're willing to stretch the definition.  Many
machine-checked proofs are written in a pretty hierarchical style, and some of
the associated tools support folding and expanding subproofs (see the middle
gif in
https://github.com/cpitclaudel/company-coq/#outlines-code-folding-and-jumping-to-definition).