Re: [O] PDF font

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: Re: [O] PDF font
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:55:31 -0300

Hi Philip.

[...]
>>> What *do* you need exactly?

>> Cantarell for the sans-serif, FreeSerif for the serif, don't care
>> about the mono.

> Oh yes, and #cccccc for the title background.

HTML is easier to style, yes. Does that format, exported to pdf, has
what you need? Because latex may take more effort, but it's only once.
Then, you have pdfs with the index, pages of the size you'd like,
everything packaged in 1 file (or not), metadata, and so on.

I tried a bit of HTML as documents, but the un-packaged nature of it
(document + images + css + etc.) always gave me problems with other
people. Self contained pdfs, on the other hand, just work in every OS.

If the only specs you'd like to change are just those fonts, and
something like Memoir starts with a decent general layout (depending on
your needs), then it makes sense to tweak it a bit and from then on,
just use the latex export.

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich