Re: [O] Use headings in sitemap

From: Thibault Marin
Subject: Re: [O] Use headings in sitemap
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 23:52:39 -0500

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> This reminds me of a patch Rasmus (Cc'ed) is working on (thread starting
> at: <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/107219>).
I missed that for some reason, it is better and more ambitious.

> I suggest to let :sitemap-function operate on the lists of files
> included in the sitemap (i.e., the list of files in the project),
> already ordered, and formatted according to
> `org-publish-sitemap-file-entry-format'.
>
> The list would be provided in the same format as the return value from
> `org-list-to-lisp', so that, e.g., `org-list-to-subtree' can be directly
> called on it.
That sounds good to me.

> Also, I suggest to make `org-publish-sitemap-file-entry-format'
> a function instead of a string, so as to get more power, i.e., to not
> limit ourselves to the list of placeholders allowed in the format
> string. In particular, we could provide a public function
> org-publish-get-keyword (file keyword &optional backend), much like what
> Rasmus does in his patchset, but with a back-end so as to get the value
> of any export keyword. Also, this would make
> `org-publish-sitemap-dir-entry-format' unnecessary.
>
> Eventually, we could run a hook at the end of `org-publish-org-sitemap',
> which would now always be called, in order to give the opportunity to
> modify the sitemap as a whole (e.g., the title).
>
> In a nutshell, ISTM that it would solve both your request and the
> difficulties encountered by Rasmus in changes.
>
> WDYT?
I think it would definitely address my needs and clearly improve the
overall process.  I'll need some time to digest this as I am not too
familiar with the process, but please let me know how I can help with
this (implementation and testing).

Thanks.
thibault