Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:24:59 +0200

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm worried that this would be computationally prohibitive.

I guess something like ‘prettify-symbols--post-command-hook’ could be
used.  When point is within the range of
prettify-symbols--current-symbol-bounds it shows the emphasis marker by
removing the ‘invisible’ text property.  When it leaves, it reapplies the
’invisible’ text property.

As I have not tried to actually code this so I haven’t got a clue whether
my "model" is too simplified to work out in practice.

Rasmus

--
This space is left intentionally blank