Re: [O] gnus org and tags

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] gnus org and tags
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 08:57:08 +0100

On Thursday, 13 Oct 2016 at 16:02, Nick Dokos wrote:

[...]

> I have a single notes.org file (not an agenda file), where I do exactly what
> Eric described and I have defined keys to get to it fast: no more "where did I

As do I.  I guess this is a key part of this use case: it must be easy
to find those notes.  My (abridged) capture template looks like this:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-capture-templates
        '(
          ("m" "Mail options")
          ("mt" "mailtodo"
           entry (file+datetree "~/s/notes/tasks.org")
           "* TODO %^{Task} : %:subject %^G\nSCHEDULED: %t\n- From :: %:from\n-
Subject :: %:subject\n- Email :: %a\n\n%?" :kill-buffer t)
          ("mn" "mailnote"
           entry (file+headline "~/s/notes/notes.org" "general notes and tasks")
           "* %^{Title} : %:subject %^G\n- From :: %:from\n- Subject ::
%:subject\n- Email :: %a\n\n%?\n\n%U")
          ))
#+end_src

Tag search etc. in org makes finding the notes relatively painless.

As a bonus, the "mt" template is to allow me to get to INBOX 0 by making
sure I don't leave emails lying around unread or ticked.  If they need
further processing, an appropriate TODO task is created which links back
to the email.  This task is scheduled for immediate action by default
but obviously easily changed during the capture, very often by
unscheduling but adding a deadline, for instance.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.2.50.1, Org release_8.3.6-1184-g29830f