Re: [O] [ANN] [OT] New Android app (Orgzly)

From: Thomas Koch
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] [OT] New Android app (Orgzly)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 21:28:42 +0200

On Thursday 22 January 2015 12:33:12 Neven wrote:
> *NOTE* It's about an app which is *not* open source (some parts of code
> will opened, see below).  If you have a problem with that, you can stop
> reading right about now...

>   http://www.orgzly.com/

Hi Neven,

I tried Orgzly today on my work phone (which is 100% proprietary anyways). I
love it.

It is just not really an option for trusting important data to it if it is
closed source.

Back in December 2015 you planned to release Orgzly as free software in "Q2
2016":
https://plus.google.com/112212983680346701286/posts/hGnkkxDsUjT

I would be happy to help you work out any blockers that hinders you from
releasing the source code. Several people told you that they would be happy to
sponsor your ongoing work on Orgzly and I would so too. If you think your code
is not ready yet to be seen by others, don't think so. It will never be ready.

It would be a shame if all your great work could not be appreciated by a
larger audience.

We might want to continue this conversation in the google group, but maybe
some other orgmode users want to express their ongoing interest in a free
software version of Orgzly.

Regards,

Thomas