Re: [O] Bug: Please supply stable releases on ELPA or MELPA Stable [8.3.

From: Josiah Schwab
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Please supply stable releases on ELPA or MELPA Stable [8.3.4 (8.3.4-dist @ /usr/local/share/emacs/25.1.50/site-lisp/org-mode/)]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 16:57:15 -0700

Hi Reuben,

> It would be great if it were possible to install stable org-mode
> versions from GNU ELPA or MELPA Stable. At present, one has to choose
> between installing bleeding-edge versions simply, or stable versions
> built by hand.
>
> (I am a bit surprised I can’t find anything about this in the mailing
> list archives, so do forgive me if I’ve overlooked previous discussion.)

The version on GNU ELPA (http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/org.html), which
is labeled org-20161024, is org-git-version 8.3.6-7-g4d7d52-elpa.

I believe that indicates that it is the latest version from the stable
maint branch, not a version from the unstable master branch (which is at
8.3.6-1264-g21932c right now).

Hope that helps,
Josiah