Re: [O] Orgmode for managing OS configuration

From: William Denton
Subject: Re: [O] Orgmode for managing OS configuration
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 12:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

On 3 November 2016, Giacomo M wrote:

I would like to clean up my Linux setup to be easily replicable. I am
considering keeping everything in one org file, and then tangling files
(e.g. exec scripts, systemd service unit files) and executing bash snippets
(e.g. for installing packages and sed'ing config files). Then one would
need just emacs and git (or rsync) to start with.

I'm doing this in a small way with Conforguration:

https://github.com/wdenton/conforguration

It's just personal files right now, nothing in /etc/ or up there, but it might be useful. I'll be configuring a new (Ubuntu) machine or two soon so I'll be adding to it with packages and some system configuration information.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada :: https://www.miskatonic.org/
Caveat lector.