Re: [O] ob-sh loaded from org-babel-do-load-languages is bad

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] ob-sh loaded from org-babel-do-load-languages is bad
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2016 09:24:42 +0100

Hello,

Steve Downey <address@hidden> writes:

> Moving ob-sh to ob-shell means that
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
> 'org-babel-load-languages
> '( (sh . t)))
> ;; eliding the full list
>
> will end up loading from the ob-sh shipped with emacs. And hilarity ensues.
> Mostly, for me, being unable to eval any src blocks at all.

This is bad, indeed. This was announced in "Incompatible changes"
section from Org 8.2 release notes, though:

  ** Incompatible changes
  *** =ob-sh.el= renamed to =ob-shell=
  This may require two changes in user config.

  1. In =org-babel-do-load-languages=, change =(sh . t)= to =(shell . t)=.
  2. Edit =local.mk= files to change the value of =BTEST_OB_LANGUAGES=
     to remove "sh" and include "shell".

At that time, we could have provided a dummy "ob-sh.el" raising an error
when loaded, but, three years and a major version later, it doesn't make
much sense anymore.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou